We received a call at 8am this morning (7 October), reporting theft from vehicle overnight in Cannock.
Between 11.30pm last night and 8am this morning offenders entered an insecure white Vauxhall Meriva car parked on a driveway in White Bark Close, Hednesford.
An untidy search of the vehicle was made and items strewn all over the car and the road as well as items stolen from within it.
Items stolen include cream-coloured, leather, Ted Baker purse and contents and a seven-year-old boy’s dark grey parka-style coat with fake fur around the hood.
Some hot tips to avoid your vehicle being broken into include:
• Ensure your vehicle is securely locked, including passenger doors and sun roof, and that alarms or immobilisers are switched on
• Remove all belongings from the vehicle – even a bag of rubbish could convince a thief there is something worth stealing
• Take your sat nav with you remembering to remove the cradle and wipe any sucker marks off the dashboard or windscreen. Leaving the cradle in place tells the crooks that the sat nav might be in the glove box or boot
• Never leave your keys in the ignition while you fill up your car with petrol or diesel and when you go to pay for it
• Park in a garage if you have one or park under street lights if possible
• Remove work equipment from your vehicle
• Keep your car keys in a safe place so if someone breaks into your home they cannot steal your vehicle as well.
Anyone with any information on the incident is asked to contact Staffordshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 111 of 7 October.
If you have been a victim of crime click here for help and information